I had a really fantastic project for bookshelves in Braden’s room. They turned out fantastic.
Instead of “traditional” shelves where you only see the spine of the book, I found this idea on Pinterest.
It was incredibly easy, and he could see the fronts of his books to decide which one he wanted.
Within just a few months, he pulled one end out of the wall. I heard the classic “uh-oh” and when I went to check…
It wasn’t pretty. It also let me know that either my stud-finder doesn’t work, or I don’t know how to use it.
Fast forward to today…
Since the majority of his books have been strewn across the floor a while,
I decided to get him a new bookshelf.
ClosetMaid makes a very nice line of Cubeicals so I bought a 9-cube unit.
I have put together a lot of furniture in my time.
This was wonderful! The instructions made sense, all the pieces were there, no stripped screws.
Wonderful! And it feels very secure (of course we will still anchor it to the wall… once we find a stud).
It still needs some decorative touches, but those will come a bit at at time.
At least the books are out of the floor.